Thursday, July 28, 2011

Plain Southern Speak

I believe I mentioned that I have developed a tendency to talk to myself, which I attribute to being home alone all day with nobody to talk to (except my tiny dog).  Well, it's getting worse.

This morning a website I visited asked me to take a survey, which I was happy to do.  I love surveys.  However, not only did I read every question and every possible response out loud, I did it with an outrageous southern accent that made me sound like a cross between Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Paula Deen.

I cannot explain it.

So, I'll move on.  What I really meant to write about today is an offering I saw on a restaurant menu last week.  In the breakfast section they listed all the omelets they are willing to make, telling what items each one contains, but there was also something called a "Plain Omelet" for which no description is given.  I've seen that a number of times on various restaurants' menus, but I never gave it any serious thought until now.

And the thought I'm giving it is:  What the hell is a plain omelet?  Wouldn't that just be scrambled eggs folded over on itself?

I wish you could hear me say "plain omelet" in my Earnhardt/Deen voice.  My tiny dog can hear me, and she's laughing her ass off.

No comments:

Post a Comment