Friday, March 2, 2012

Maybe it will come to me

I was having lunch with some friends recently, and a topic came up in conversation that reminded me of something that had happened to me once.  I was about to tell the story, but then I thought it would make a good blog posting.  Since they are regular readers, I didn't want them to have to hear it twice, but I couldn't resist teasing them with, "I'm saving a good story about that for my blog."

By the time we left the restaurant, I had absolutely no clue what it was I was going to write about or even what we had been talking about that brought it up.

As he got older, approaching the age I am now, my father was often annoyed by his inability to remember things.  He complained of having "a two-minute memory."

Well, Dad, good for you.  I'm down to around 30 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment