Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A clothes horse I ain't

I went some place today where jeans and a T-shirt would not have been appropriate, so for the first time since I retired a year ago, I dug around in my closet among my old work clothes to see what I could find to wear.  There was a decent pair of black slacks, and my black shoes were okay too, after some work with a Swifter dust cloth.

But the shirts -- OMG!  Each and every shirt hanging in the closet has hanger-poochies in the shoulders.

I ended up wearing the least offensive one I could find, but I have decided I will prevent this from happening in the future by giving most of the clothes in that closet to Goodwill.  The few items that I retain will be cycled through the laundry every few months whether I wear them or not. 

Or, I just won't go any place where I can't wear jeans and a T-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment