Monday, October 3, 2011

Fear Part II

In yesterday's episode I was talking about things I'm afraid of, having presented four possibilities of which three were true.

We’ve already established that the correct answer is not No. 3 since the idea of ingesting aluminum foil causes me to hyperventilate.

What about heights? Yes, I am acrophobic, but it has more to do with falling from a high place than being in a high place.  If I feel like I could fall, a chair is too high for me.

Moving right along, I am also psychotic about slipping in the bathtub. This might be an off-shoot of the fear of falling I seem to have just diagnosed.

But -- and this is what started this whole discussion in the first place -- I have finally had a dream come true.  Over the weekend we had a safety bar installed in our bathroom that I can hang on to when stepping into or out of the tub.  It's one of those heavy-duty things like they put in hotel bathrooms and handicap toilet stalls. 

So, by process of elimination it can be deduced that the correct answer to the question is No. 1.  Spiders don't bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment