Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Julie, Julia & Jan

I just watched the movie “Julie & Julia” for about the third time. Maybe fourth. I love that movie. Meryl Streep is magnificent, Stanley Tucci is adorable, and Jane Lynch is hysterical.

It’s based on two true stories. One is that of Julia Child writing her famous cookbook (Mastering the Art of French Cooking) in the 1950’s, and the other is about a young woman named Julie Powell who, in or about 2002, undertook to make every recipe in Julia’s cookbook in a year. She blogged about it every day. The blog became a book. The book became a movie.

I need a project like that. I need to have my blog turned into a book and then into a movie. And after that a television series. Blogging for blogging’s sake is noble but not profitable.

Looking over at my bookshelf, I see I already have the ideal volume.  I could set myself a deadline of one year to complete every recipe in 1000 Best Bartender’s Recipes.

It would certainly be fun trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment