Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fugitives that might have got clean away

I am not feeling creative today, so I will share with you three things I read on the Internet this morning that amused me.

Pat Sajak tweet: “It might seem strange, but I like giving names to my underwear. Thinking of wearing Ed today.” (I wonder what Vanna thinks of that.)

Local crime report:  “Police received a report of a newborn infant found in a trash can at Wal-Mart. Upon investigation, officers discovered it was only a burrito.”

Text to girlfriend: “You need to do dishes. I am eating corn flakes from a brownie pan with a fork.” (Why doesn’t he wash the dishes?)

Lots of people were born on this date, among them James Caan, Nancy Pelosi, Pierre Boulez, Sandra Day O’Connor, Leonard Nimoy, Alan Arkin, Erica Jong, Bob Woodward, Diana Ross, and Vicki Lawrence.

An interesting day in poetic history: A. E. Housman and Robert Frost were both born on this date (1859 and 1874, respectively), and Walt Whitman died (1892). So did Beethoven (1827).

Remember my St. Patrick’s Day homage to Anna McAllister and William Conley, my Irish ancestors? They were married on this date in 1864, in St. Louis.

You don’t get much more fugitive that these thoughts, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment