Monday, February 28, 2011

On a personal note

Well, not only am I a senior citizen on social security, I'm am now an official retiree.  Last working day was Friday. 

And it was a great party!  Lots of people came, and I appreciate all their good wishes.  In lieu of gifts, we said if people felt like they wanted to do something, they could make a donation to Paws with a Cause.  Obviously I have very generous friends, because we collected $650 for that charity.  I am mighty thankful to all.

The highlight of the evening, though, was the barbershop quartet, four members of the Capital City Chordsmen, who entertained us with several numbers.  My family in Wisconsin, including my barbershop-singing brother, couldn't make it to the party, so they sent these guys instead, and they were great.

In the days and weeks ahead I will be concentrating on discovering if retirement is all it's cracked up to be.  So far so good.

1 comment:

  1. What a great send off you had, Jan! I had a great time and it was good to see some peeps I haven't seen in a LONG time. Hope you're enjoying your days. Sure do miss your smiling face at the Fund!

    ReplyDelete