Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday, Monday ... so good to me

Almost everybody hates Mondays, I guess, except maybe The Mamas and The Papas.

For years I have suffered from the old Sunday-night-I-don’t-want-to-go-to-bed-because-then-I’ll-have-to-get-up-in-the-morning-and-go-to-work Blues.

However, I am going to be a retired person very soon, so that malady will afflict me no more. Today, in fact, is the antepenultimate Monday of my working life.

This retirement gig is great. Not only do I have only two more Mondays on which I’ll have to get up and come to work, it also affords me the opportunity to use antepenultimate, which I haven’t used in a sentence since my last term paper.

1 comment:

  1. I admit....I had to look that word up. Nice! I'm just a wee bit smarter today. Only ONE Monday left for you!!

    ReplyDelete