Friday, February 11, 2011

It's a this and that kind of a day

I noticed this morning when leaving for work that it was actually starting to get light out, which means the days are lengthening and carrying me toward spring and warmer weather. O be joyful!

And speaking of which, maybe it's the cold and snow that has prevented some people from taking down their Christmas lights, but what I don't understand is -- why do they keep turning them on at night? Why advertise what a delinquent you are?

Congratulations to my main man Draymond Green of MSU who scored a triple-double last night in the game against Penn State.

After my facetious comment about changing my birthday the other day, I heard from loyal reader Kristin M. of Rochester, MN (yes, my niece) that she and her husband have decided to change their wedding anniversary from the end of May to the end of August to avoid medical mishaps. Don't ask. I didn't.

Did I say in a previous post that I am an official senior citizen? Well, it's really, really true. My first Social Security check was direct-deposited into the bank account on Wednesday. Look out, Value City -- here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment