Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Getting Political

Our neighbor, Frank, had Obama/Biden signs in his yard, and I was jealous.  I wanted a sign too, but I didn't know where to start to try to get one, so I called him and asked him where he got his signs.

He said they were left over from '08 and that he was unable to get any more.  In fact, someone at the local Democratic headquarters told him they are continually running out of signs -- the minute they get some in, people take them right away.

It surprises me a great deal.  In most elections here in Clinton County, Michigan, the candidates for all the county offices are all Republicans running unopposed.  You wouldn't think there were enough Democrats around here to put a demand on yard signs.

Nevertheless, Frank said I was welcome to one of his.  He reasoned that one Obama sign in each of two yards would have a greater impact than two signs in his.  Last evening my partner and I walked over and took one of Frank's signs and planted it smack in the middle of our front yard.

I don't know if it will help Mr. Obama, but it makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment