Thursday, October 11, 2012

Another Date, Another Story

It's 10/11/12.  I cannot pass up mentioning these things, and I am sure everybody is sick to death of hearing me tell how such calendrical phenomena were brought to my attention on 5/5/55 by my third-grade teacher, so I won't bring that up again.

Instead, I'll tell you a story about a young woman I used to work with named Tara.  She was very friendly, extremely generous, rather pretty, and kinda dumb.  One year at Christmas time, all the bosses were arranging to treat their secretaries to a luncheon at an upscale restaurant.  The secretaries, of which Tara was one, were each given a menu listing the courses to be served, and they were asked to mark their choice of entree from among filet mignon, chicken cordon bleu, and some sort of vegetarian offering.

Over the cube walls, I heard Tara say to nobody in particular, "Wow, if I get this fillay migg-non thing, it would cost my boss a lot.  It's the most expensive one."  After a moment's pause, she added, "I won't, though.  I don't really like fish."

Did I mention she was real nice?

No comments:

Post a Comment