Tuesday, January 10, 2012

DIY -- I don't THINK so

Grocery stores need to give a discount to shoppers who use the do-it-yourself checkouts.  After all, the store is saving money that would otherwise be paid in salary to a cashier.  Until they begin making it worth my while, I refuse to stoop so low as to be at the mercy of a DIY-checkout machine.

It is humiliating to stand there removing items from my little basket, waving them in front of the scanner for five to thirty seconds until it finally reads the bar code, and then be subjected to the sound of the snotty female voice repeating over and over again, "Please place the item in the bagging area, please place the item in the bagging area, please place the item in the bagging area," until finally I shock and awe all nearby shoppers by shouting back, "I'm putting the freaking thing in the freaking bagging freaking area already, damn you."

Actually, even cash incentives might not be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment