Thursday, January 19, 2012

Another one bites it

A couple years ago I decided I needed to read Isaac Asimov's I Robot because I never had.  Not being much of sci fi fan, I was basically bored stiff by it.  There is one interesting thing I remember about the book, which, incidentally, was written in 1950.  Among all the robots, space stations, inter-galactic travel and other futuristic stuff, the characters still took photographs with a camera that used film, which they had to drop off at a lab to be developed.  Cameras nowadays don't need film, of course, but Asimov never saw that one coming.

Apparently, neither did Kodak.  They're in Chapter 11.

And so is Hostess.  That one is not my fault.  It's true that I haven't bought a Kodak camera since 1972, and I haven't bought Kodak film since going digital in 2001, but I still buy Hostess Cupcakes.  I love them, even though they are embarrassing to eat.  You know the ones I mean -- the chocolate ones with the creamy center and the white squiggle on top, the ones you don't dare eat in front of anybody because when you finish one you can't help smiling a big grin because you are so happy, and then everybody can see you have chocolate all over your teeth.  Yeah, those.  (It's a good idea to make sure there are no cameras around if you're going to eat one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment