Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Plans for the Future

I should like to say that I really do feel bad when my postings on this here blog thing are as sparse as they have been lately. This has recently been due in part to our being out of town a lot, but even when I am home sitting at my computer, there are times when I just can’t think of anything to write about. I considered calling it quits altogether, but my most loyal reader (that would be my wife) convinced me that infrequent postings were better than none.

Then in my travels around the Internet this morning, I came across "Elizabeth Kauwell’s Blog" in which the titular blogger has posted a handful of term papers she wrote in high school (specifically for Mr. Weinberg's fourth-hour English class).

Why didn't I ever think of that? I have every term paper I ever wrote in my ten years of college, and even one or two from high school. I'm sitting on a veritable treasure trove of blog postings.

Since all the old papers were typewritten, I'll have to scan them and then do some serious formatting, especially for those with illustrations, but once they're ready, all I have to do when I come down with a case of blogger’s block is pop one in.

I cannot guarantee all of them are going to appeal to the general reader, but anybody who is game for an in-depth analysis of the first movement of Anton Webern’s String Trio, Op. 20, is in for a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment