Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Trash Talk

It's Wednesday, which is garbage day.   I talked once about the tendency of the garbage man to leave our empty trash bins in the middle of the driveway, preventing entrance thereto (see "Garbage Day," August 10, 2011).  He's either changed his ways or it's a different guy, because now the bins are just as likely to be left in the drainage ditch that runs parallel to the street.

Our hired girl comes to us on Tuesdays, and one of her tasks is to gather up the trash and wheel the bin to the street.  The last time I looked last evening, the bin was standing upright at the end of the driveway near the mailbox.  This morning, however, I noticed that it had been blown over during the night and was lying mostly in the ditch.

After I heard the garbage truck go by, I looked out and saw that the empty bin was standing upright at the end of the driveway near the mailbox.

Is he trying to tell me something?

No comments:

Post a Comment