Monday, May 6, 2013

OK, I get it now

I was cleaning out files in my desk this morning, mostly old receipts and other miscellaneous financial stuff, a great deal of which went in the trash.

I set aside all those pieces of heavy paper that come in the mail with credit cards attached to them with rubber cement.  It is recommended that you make a list of all your credit cards with the pertinent information, including phone numbers to call in case any are lost or stolen, but I never did because I always save these papers that come with the replacement cards instead.

Since I was in an organizing mood and there aren't very many of them, I decided to make one of those lists, but once I began to examine those papers, I realized I might as well have trashed them long ago.  Most of them don't show the account numbers, and only one gave the appropriate phone number to call.  I will have to get the details off the cards themselves.

That must be why they tell you to keep a list in case a card is lost or stolen.  If you don't have the card, you can't very well call the number on the back of it and read them the account number, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment