Monday, July 16, 2012

I've been chopped

The second installment of our Home Chopped Competition was conducted last evening. I provided the ingredients in the mystery basket: salmon steak, Old English cheese spread, apple sauce, and Eggo frozen waffles.

My partner outdid herself, and me, with a magnificent meal she described as "sautéed Eggo-crusted salmon steaks; Old English cheesy potatoes; and crisp lettuce and tomato salad with apple sauce vinaigrette and garlic-Eggo croutons."

I graded it thus:

Presentation  excellent.
Creativity  very much.
Taste  outstanding; the salmon was perfectly cooked and seasoned, the cheesy potatoes were exceptionally flavorful, and, if you can believe it, the apple sauce vinaigrette on the salad actually worked, and also the waffle croutons were crunchy and tasty.

Since she was good enough to bestow upon me the title of Chopped Champion for my efforts last week, I must now declare that Judy Brown is the Chopped Champion All-Star!

It's too bad there's no more of those potatoes left.

No comments:

Post a Comment