Monday, November 28, 2011

Done for now

So, one holiday down.  And traditional it was -- turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, cranberries, pumpkin pie.  I had leftovers for lunch again today.  I might be just about burned out on that too, although there's still plenty left.

There was plenty of football too.  I will probably never surpass, nor even equal, my personal record of having watched nine football games over Thanksgiving weekend in 1976.  But I saw the ones I wanted to see and parts of various others that were interesting.  The Bears lost.  Michigan State won.  The Lions also lost, which is too bad.  I don't care about the Lions, but I wish somebody would beat Green Bay already.

And speaking of America's national pastime (Frank DeFord says it has overtaken baseball), I am tired of hearing football commentators say that a forward pass is "almost intercepted" just because the defensive player who is covering the intended receiver gets a finger on the ball or has it bounce off his shoulder pad or his head.  When the defender has the ball in his hands and drops it, then it is almost intercepted.

Gearing up for the next bunch of holiday events now.  And football games.  I'm tired already.

No comments:

Post a Comment