Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today's Question

We got about eight inches of snow Sunday, not as much as some other places, but enough to close the schools (as usual), and then, of course, the temperature dropped significantly. The sun shone on Monday, but the high temperature for the day was 16ºF. The roads were a mess for the morning and evening commutes. It was not a lot better this morning.

And here I am again – wondering, as I have for decades, just why it is that anybody would choose to live in a place where this sort of thing can happen. Why doesn’t the entire population of the earth live within 200 miles of the equator?

Yes, I know why I’m living here, and if I have my way, I won’t be dying here.

As for closing the schools every time a flake falls, don’t get me started.

But here’s the news that is really worthy of note: At 6:30 this morning when it was still dark out and the temperature was a brisk 8ºF, my tiny dog, my delicate little princess of a pooch who hates to get her precious little toes wet and spends most of the winter sleeping under a blanket, went out the door and stood in two inches of snow to pee. I don’t even care that she did it on the deck. What a little trouper she is.

Good girl! Good dog! Way to pee!

No comments:

Post a Comment