Saturday, December 11, 2010

Another One

It's 12-11-10. I had something to say about this a few months ago -- I think it was around 8-9-10, maybe. I don't really remember.

Holiday cookie baking is in full swing. So far we have chocolate chip, peanut butter, and Margarita cookies, and a couple bushels of Chex mix. Oh, and a small bucket of oyster cracker snack mix too, ranch flavor, of course.

My grandmother used to call them oisture crackers (rhymes with moisture). She also called Kresge's "kress-idge." How many of us are old enough to remember S. S. Kresge? That's what became K-Mart.

What was it with the initials for five-and-dimes? S. S. Kresge, F. W. Woolworth, J. J. Newberry, W. T. Grant, G. C. Murphy, Ben Franklin. Oops. Well, lots of them had initials.

I wonder how J. C. Penney got upgraded to a department store.

Back to holiday baking. Peanut brittle next.

No comments:

Post a Comment