Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mrs. Malaprop, I Presume?

My Aunt Blanche has a way at words.

She is 83 years old now and lives in Washington in a tree -- well, amid the trees on the Olympic Peninsula. And she says the darnedest things. Here are some of my favorite Aunt Blanche-isms:

• She gives every year to the Salivation Army.
• She felt like she was stuck between a rock and a hot plate.
• You can save money by buying genetic brands.
• In a movie she saw, an octopus grabbed a guy with its technicals.
• Buying is better than renting because you always have iniquity in the house.
• Those darned soota-pharmical companies are making a fortune.
• Even though it is narrow, the cars go down that street two at a breast.
• She was so surprised she jumped up like a ton of bricks.

Just poking a little gentle fun -- I love my Aunt Blanche, who is warm and fun-loving and generous and has always been very good to me. And I love it that she says funny things and says things funny.

As she once said about someone else -- she's a piece o' art.

No comments:

Post a Comment