Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Made Better Most of the Time

Better Made potato chips are made in Detroit, Michigan. They are beloved by people from Michigan because they are made in Michigan. Better Made products can be seen in some of the tourist-attraction television ads touting "Pure Michigan," that's how proud Michigan is of them.

Hey -- they are the recipients of the Rachael Ray Best Salt and Vinegar Chip Award. What else do you need to know? Their website also mentions other awards, including "Detroit Free Press Best Potato Chip 2002-2007."

So, it's 2010 -- what has happened since? I'll tell you what. Quality control went down the toilet, that's what. Even though they are cheap in Michigan (because they're so often on sale) and even though the plain chips are thin and crispy just like I like 'em and have the best potato flavor of any chip I ever had, we stopped buying the brand because every bag seemed to contain way too many inedible pieces of potato yuck.

Well, last time we were in the grocery store, I was appalled by the price of Frito-Lay products, so I grabbed a bag of Better Made chips.

I had some with my sandwich today. Is there anything better than a thin, crispy, perfectly salted, potato-y tasting chip with braunschweiger on rye? Huh? I ask you.

But I digress. I had some of those chips at lunch today, and I'm here to tell you, Better Made are the best chips I've ever had. Yes, I've had Mike-Sells. Yes, I've had Charles Chips. These are better.

There is only one thing I like more than Better Made potato chips: Better Made potato sticks. But I think I'll leave that for another day.

Not to be outdone by Rachael, I hereby bestow upon Better Made Potato Chips of Detroit, Michigan, the Jan Knez Zowee! Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment