Friday, October 29, 2010

Beer Shots

OK, I cannot be the only person in the world who drinks beer shots.

I Googled beer shots and beershots, drinking beershots and drinking beer shots, and I got nothing much to go on.

There were many references to a shot in the beer, as my father would have said.

Reminds me of a time we were visiting my grandparents, my mother's parents, in downstate Illinois. On Saturday afternoon my dad and grandfather decided to take a walk, and I went with them. Not by design -- neither of them was much of a drinker -- we ended up in a local tavern where the three of us sat at the bar. I was about 11 and probably had to be helped up onto the stool. The bartender looked at Grampie who said, "Beer," and then at Dad who said, "Beer," and then at me. My father said, "Give her a shot in the beer."

The very earnest old barkeep got real serious and said, "Oh, no! Sorry, sir, I can't do that. Now, I can sell it to you and you can take it home for her to have." My father just shook his head and ordered me a Coke.

Anyway, my Google got me a shot in the beer, also things like ...beer, shots, and wine... and not much else. There is apparently a beershots.com, but I'm not sure what they are about. They do say they are interested in finding talented writers. Maybe I should apply.

So, back to the point, if any -- for my beer shots you need a shot glass -- 1-1/2 ounces is good. From a can or bottle of beer, pour yourself a shot; drink; repeat.

Now, how fun is that?

Well, get this. I have also been known to drink 7-Up shots. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment