Sunday, September 2, 2012

Just Some of the Things

I ran across a blog yesterday on which a woman had listed 30 things she had done in her 30 years of life.  I got to thinking I could compile a list of 65 things I've done in my lifetime.  Most of the things I thought of were really boring and not terribly out of the ordinary, like going to Girl Scout camp, and taking a trip to Europe, and having my picture taken with Sparty.


Then I thought maybe I would try to come up with just one really unique thing I have done.  I thought of the time in the summer of 1979 when I played percussion in the Macomb (Illinois) Municipal Band.  At one of our Friday evening concerts in the park, we performed Leroy Anderson's "Syncopated Clock," and I was the clock.  But then there was also the time I danced with a pimp at Houlihan's.

I just can't decide between those two.

No comments:

Post a Comment