Monday, June 25, 2012

Remembering When

My partner cooked ribs in the slow cooker all day yesterday. After supper last evening we put away the leftovers and loaded the dishwasher with as much as it would hold and, because I insisted that I had all day today to clean the kitchen up, we left the rest.

So a short time ago I started working on the kitchen. Something had to be done with the leftover sauce and grease and fatty parts and general scum that remained in the crockpot's pot. I decided the ideal remedy was to flush it down the toilet, so I carried it into the bathroom, lifted the seat, and poured its contents into the toilet bowl.

And suddenly the sound it made and the sight I saw standing above it caused a flashback to times in my life when I heard and saw practically the same thing, only coming out of me instead of a big bowl, and I about gagged.

It was a puke down Memory Lane, I guess. I don't recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment