Monday, December 12, 2011

Chef, Football, and Postage Stamps

While watching The Next Iron Chef on the Food network last week, it came to me suddenly that Chef Beau MacMillan looks a lot like Buzz Lightyear.  Don't you think?


He was eliminated last week, so he won't be the next Iron Chef, and neither will Anne Burrell, who got the hook last night.  She is the particular favorite of my partner, so there was a little bit of sadness at our house.

I was already sad because the Bears lost to Denver in OT, but I am taking the rest of this season's results philosophically since their quarterback and now their star running back are both injured.

I needed to put $1.48 on an envelope today (which I know because I weighed it on my handy USPS-issued postal scale), so I got out my glassine envelope of postage stamps to see what I could come up with.  I had a $1 stamp and a 44-cent stamp, and a 4-center, which would have done admirably, but why use three stamps when twelve would do just as well?  The cents-worth I stuck on there were 44, 24, 17, 17, 10, 10, 10, 5, 5, 4, 1, and 1.  I believe the result is much more aesthetically pleasing.

I also believe I am believed to be something of a nut case, but as long as I'm having fun, who cares?

No comments:

Post a Comment