Friday, March 8, 2019

Are you kidding?

Among the emails I was reading through this morning was one that appeared to be from Netflix, but when I opened it, I got suspicious.  It told me there was a problem with my account and that I needed to update my payment information. Click this link, it said.

Yeah, right. I’m not falling for that scam. I deleted it and moved on.

After lunch I was wearing out the TV remote trying to find something to watch -- daytime television is the worst. I gave that up and flipped over to Netflix. Instead of all the little squares showing the shows and movies available, there was a black screen that told me my account was suspended and I needed to straighten out my payment information.

Well, there was no safer way to determine if the email was legitimate, was there?

1 comment:

  1. Darn, just when you thought you figured out what was spam and what was not! AnnaLynn

    ReplyDelete