Thursday, January 1, 2015

Starting Afresh in the New Year

That illness I spoke of last April is, I sincerely hope, behind me now.  Finally.

From March to November, five hospitalizations, one major surgery, and plenty of at-home care, provided by a few visiting professionals but mostly provided by my loving, saintly wife who learned so much about pills, needles, drains, infusions, nutrition, and general nursing that several of my doctors thought that she must have a medical background.  But no, just a loving interest in her patient.

The medical types seem convinced I was near death, and if that was really true, then my beloved wife saved my life.  I could not have recovered without her.

My wish for everyone in the new year is that they have a spouse (or someone in their life) even half as dedicated and wonderful as mine.

Thanks, JB.  Now, let's get back to enjoying our retirement.  There definitely is travel in our future.



No comments:

Post a Comment