Saturday, January 24, 2015

No News Today

Sometimes I think of things I'd like to blog about, and I jot them down -- well, keep track of them, anyway. Typing on a keyboard attached to a computer with a word processing program isn't actually "jotting," is it? Anyway, I just consulted that list, all the items of which are at least a year old, and was confounded by these three:

Dirty martini

Clean kitchen towel

Doctor office, waiting room, magazine flip

No idea whatever. Because of my recent illness, I haven't had a martini in over a year. I like them only ever so slightly dirty, but that doesn't seem like much of a topic for contemplation, much less conversation.  The clean kitchen towel doesn't ring any bells either, and I suppose I was going to make a crack about people flipping through magazines in doctors' waiting rooms, but I don't know why, except, perhaps, because I myself do not flip through magazines.

When I pick up a magazine in a waiting room, I turn to the Table of Contents at the front to see if any article appeals to me. If so, I open to that page. I do notice that many people tend to flip backwards, which seems rather silly, but I'm still not sure there is anything here to blog about.

So, I guess I won't write about any of those things today.



No comments:

Post a Comment