Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stupid is as ...

Something I heard today reminded me that we all do things that are useless from time to time. There are two incidents in my life that I consider prime examples.

One occurred in 1965 when I was in college. I was having trouble with an assignment for my 8:00 o'clock class the next morning and stayed up until nearly 2:00 in the morning getting it done. When my alarm went off at 7:15 in the morning, I turned it off, turned over, and went back to sleep.  I might as well not have bothered.

The other one was about 20 years later. I had finished doing my wash at a coin-operated laundry, except for one item. I pumped at least four more  dimes into a dryer trying to get the bath mat dry when it finally dawned on me that the bath mat spends most of its life damp, hanging over the shower curtain rod. Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment