Thursday, August 1, 2013

And today is Thursday

Yesterday I complained that with my newly-retired partner not going to work five days a week, I'd have trouble remembering what day it is.  I thought of several things that might be helpful -- checking the calendar in my computer each morning, for instance.  Then when preparing for bed last night, I realized that I have the ideal solution already in place.

In my drawer in the bathroom vanity there are not one but two handy weekly calendars that I see every day.  They are long, narrow plastic boxes divided into seven small compartments that say S M T W T F S on their lids, and as long as I remember to take my pills from the light blue one every morning and the dark blue one every night before going to bed, fill them up regularly every Sunday morning, and not miss a dose, I will always be able to tell what day it is.

All of life's little worries should be so easy to allay.

No comments:

Post a Comment