Sunday, March 10, 2013

Spring ahead

It seems too early to change to Daylight Savings Time, but I guess I have to keep up with the rest of the country.  Lately all the clocks in the house seemed to say something different, so changing them all today was a great way to get them all in sync.

There's one I never change, the clock on the mantle.  It is such a pain in the butt to get its little back compartment open that I never do.  All winter it's an hour ahead, but we're used to it and can mentally adjust.  There's another clock in that room we depend on more.  And anyway, it's right half the year.

So, I come into the living room this morning, smile up at the mantle clock, expecting to be pleased that it would already be showing 10:00 without me doing anything, and it says it's 3:17.

I'll have to get the back open now anyway, to change the battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment