Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year Greetings

It was probably inevitable that iSomething would get me sooner or later.  And, sure enough.  Due to sale prices at Walmart and a generous gift-giver for a partner, I am now the proud owner of an iPad. 

I was told it was pretty much self-explanatory.  Oh, yeah?  It comes with absolutely no instructions whatever.  You can get all the help you want online, but you first have to figure out how to get to the Internet on the thing.  I used my desktop computer to get the info I needed, but I'm doing all right with it now.  In fact, I have set up my email, downloaded a number of apps (mostly free), and -- hold on to your hat -- I have Skyped. (!)

I have now moved into the 21st Century, and it only took me 12 years.

Which reminds me that I am trying like heck to remember to call this new year "twenty-thirteen."  Since Y2K, I have been calling the century "two thousand," as in "two-thousand six" or "two-thousand twelve."  I think I did that because "twenty-oh-one" sounded too weird to me, even though "nineteen-oh-one" doesn't.  It's all what you get used to, I suppose.

Happy two-thousand thirteen, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment