Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fall has fell

It is now fall, which can be a wondrous and delightful time of the year, even though the days are getting shorter and the temperatures are getting lower, and it won't be long now, the way time flies, that it will be that really awful, dreadful, horrible, miserable time of year.  I can't bring myself to say its name.

However, there are moments of autumnal bliss.  One of them occurred last Friday, as a matter of fact.  I was out running errands -- post office, bank, pharmacy, Secretary of State, grocery store.  I was feeling great physically and mentally too, having accomplished all my tasks.  It was sunny and 73 degrees, and I was enjoying that too, thinking how lucky I am, what a great life I have.  I drove home with the windows down, doing a little ditty-bop bounce, humming a tune.

I was simply overcome with happiness and contentment.  Fairly bubbling over with it, I was.

And then I remembered how many times I've heard of people who have days like this where one minute they're exclaiming over their feelings of happiness and well-being and the next minute they drop dead.

That took a little of the joy out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment