Saturday, August 20, 2016

Olympic Workout

The 2016 Summer Olympics are almost over, and I would just like to say that I think NBC did a lousy job showing it, despite airing events on NBC, NBCSP, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, USA, the Golf, Basketball, and Soccer channels, and the Internet.

Either because of or in spite of NBC’s coverage, I was not inspired to comment on it daily in this here blog thing like I did four years ago. My opinion of rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming hasn’t changed, after all, so there’s no point.

My wife and I have, however, invented a new event – synchronized recliner. It’s uncanny the way we are able to grab that La-Z-Boy handle and pop the footrest up at exactly the same time.

In addition to that, I have given a whole new meaning to “armchair athlete.” While sitting in my recliner, I get physical while watching, assisting the competitors by performing small, well-controlled body movements – tensing muscles, shifting to one side, twisting, bobbing up and down, leaning toward the finish line – hell, during a soccer match my feet and legs never stop.

I'll bet I burn 500 calories for every hour I watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment