Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Room With a View

I just finished washing up some dishes, which at our house comes with the added-value opportunity to look out the window above the sink at our lovely back yard while you do it.

My mother would have loved that. I remember when I was a kid she often said how much she wished there was a window above the sink. When my parents built a new house in 1966, she finally got her wish.

I saw an old photograph last week that somebody in the family dug up and emailed to me. It shows me and my Aunt Blanche sitting at the kitchen table in that house, taken at least 40 years ago. Behind us you can see that nice big window over the sink that my mother wanted so much.

The irony of it is that when you looked out that window, all you saw was the side of the neighbor's garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment