Thursday, January 28, 2016

What's the name of your chocolate?

I baked brownies yesterday, and they are, as usual, fantastic. Of course, brownies from scratch are always going to be better than brownies out of a box, and it is not any more difficult.

I got the recipe from a box of Baker's Unsweetened Chocolate about 45 years ago. They still print a brownie recipe on the box, but they have changed it over the years. I stick with the original.

Just out of curiosity, I Googled Baker's Chocolate this morning and was surprised to learn that the company began in Massachusetts in the 1760's. It was also very interesting to discover the origin of the company name. I always assumed it was called Baker's Chocolate because it was intended for use by bakers. In fact, the name comes from a co-founder, one James Baker.

Brownie time. A glass of cold milk, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment