Friday, February 15, 2013

I Believe!

Cooking up taco meat, using ground chuck and my very own taste-tested combination of seasonings.  Double the meat, double everything else, right?  But wait -- oh no!  Too salty!  Real way too salty!  Now what'll I do?

Add a little sugar.  No good.  Still too salty.

Well, there is one thing.  It's a last resort.  But I'm there -- I'm desperate.  I've heard this works in stews and soups.  Will it work in a pot of ground beef?  Only one way to find out.  I've got nothing to lose.

I peel a small potato, cut it in half, and throw it into the pot.  I let it cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. 

The next time I taste the taco meat -- it needs salt!  OMG!  It works!  Taco meat saved!

Ridiculously salty potato, anybody?

No comments:

Post a Comment