Thursday, August 11, 2011

Maybe there's hope yet

I just did something I rarely do.  I made good use of free time.

Someone I used to know was so spontaneous that if she had a free hour, she'd go to the beach.  Who goes to the beach when they only have an hour to spare?  Well, she did.  I always wished I could be like that.  Today I almost was.

I have an appointment today at 1:00.  I must leave by 12:30 to get there on time.

At 11:45 I was showered and dressed and all ready to go.  Normally I would have spent the next 45 minutes reading a book or playing stupid computer games, waiting for it to be time to go.  Instead, I washed the dishes, which took about 15 minutes.  I even had time left over to write this.

Maybe spontaneity will become a permanent part of me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment